The majority of Axolotls & Clawed Frogs will readily accept pellets as part of their diet and even more stubborn feeders may find the highly-scented nature of these pellets tempting. Pellets have a number of advantages over other foods such as high nutrition levels, long shelf life, & reduced risk of contamination.
Pollywog’s Original Aquatic Amphibian Diets.
Pollywog’s Aquatic Amphibian Pellets are specially formulated laboratory grade diets for the rearing, breeding, & maintenance of aquatic amphibians such as Axolotls & Clawed Frogs.
The professionals choice! Widely used by hobbyists, breeders, zoo’s, aquariums, universities and laboratories through out the UK.
We have been supplying, and using these diets for over 9 years. You can trust our foods to provide all the protein (35%), vitamins, & minerals required by your aquatic Amphibian to grow quickly, live healthily and breed regularly.
Highly scented, semi-moist (21% oil), sinking pellets available in a range of sizes. The strong smell encourages feeding in even newly imported Wild Caught animals. They are suitable as a main staple for many species or can simply be used to provide variety to a diet.
So far in our facilities we have used these pellets to feed:
- Dwarf Clawed Frogs (Hymenochirus boettgeri)
- African Clawed Frogs (Xenopus laevis, Xenopus borealis, Xenopus muelleri, & Xenopus fraseri)
- Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum)
- Fire-bellied & Sword Tailed Newts (Cynops orientalis, Cynops cyanurus, Cynops ensicauda, & Cynops pyrrhogaster)
- Paddle-tailed & Stout Newts (Pachytriton labiatus, Pachytriton brevipes, & Pachytriton sp. ‘Giant’)
- Red-spotted Newts (Notophalmus viridescens)
- Surinam Toads (Pipa pipa, & Pipa carvalhoi)
- Tropical Clawed Frogs (Silurana tropicalis, & Silurana epitropicalis)
- Stout Newts (Pachyhynobius shangchengensis)
- Warty Newts (Paramesotriton caudopunctatus, Paramesotriton chinensis, Paramesotriton fuzhongensis, & Paramesotriton hongkongensis)
- Ribbed Newts (Pleurodeles nebulosus, & Pleurodeles waltl)
- Burmese Crocodile Newts (Tylototriton verrucosus)
- Sirens (Siren lacertina & Siren intermedia)
- Red Salamanders (Pseudotriton ruber)
- Crested Newts (Triturus cristatus, Triturus carnifex, & Triturus marmoratus)
- Banded Newts (Ommatotriton ophryticus)
- Alpine Newts (Mesotriton alpestris)
- Italian Newts (Lissotriton italicus)
- Waterdogs (Ambystoma mavortium)
- Rio Cauca Caecilians (Typhlonectes natans)
Pollywog’s Hobby Grade Pellets
Following customer demand we have recently sourced a new economical range of pellets suited to the hobbyist looking to just add a bit of variety to the diet of their pet Axolotl or Clawed Frog.
These pellets are a high protein (45%), semi-moist (20% oil), sinking pellet, designed to be highly palatable & digestible containing essential ammino acids, micro-nutrients & omega-3.
For best results we recommend these pellets be used as part of a varied diet including livefoods, frozen foods, & other pelleted diets such as our original Pollywog Aquatic Amphibian Diets