The trusted choice of hobbyists, breeders, shops, zoological facilities, & educational establishments worldwide.
Pollywog Misting Systems were originally developed for use in our own breeding facility where we needed to automatically maintain the humidity in vivariums housing a wide variety of tropical Amphibians. In 2005 after extensive testing, evaluation and modification we decided to start supplying systems in kit form to other breeders and hobbyists.
Our misting systems continue to evolve with an ever increasing range of fittings, nozzle assemblies, and optional extras making them extendable and adaptable to any situation.
Why choose a Pollywog Misting System:
- Suitable for misting vivariums, terrariums, & paludariums, housing Amphibians, Reptiles, Invertebrates & plants.
- The misting heads used in our systems produce a low impact cone spray pattern of super fine mist of approx. 50 microns – The finest mist currently available from any terrarium misting system on the market.
- We use a combination of 6mm & 4mm pipework to give a more even pressure throughout the entire system resulting in less drips from the nozzles and a greater water pressure allowing for low flow rates.
- Low flow rates mean more effective misting with less water. This means you have less maintenance and ensures your terrariums don’t become quickly flooded. Pump maximum flow rate 650ccpm. Nozzle flow rate varies between 2.48lph at 3bar to 4.52lph at 10bar.
- All components in touch with the water are made of food grade materials to ensure their safety for use with your delicate animals.
- We offer an extensive range of replacement and optional parts making our systems adaptable and extendable to suit your needs.
- Nozzle assemblies are held in place with sturdy 16mm bulkheads keeping them pointing where you want them to. Unlike other European or American systems that use suction cups or bulkheads designed for fitting through 4-6mm glass, our bulkheads allow for fitting through materials (glass, mesh, acrylic, or wood) of up to 16mm thickness.
- Our systems are supplied with black Nylon / LDPE tube to prevent the growth of algae where pipework passes under or near terrarium lighting.
- Maximum water temperature of 25°C.
- Self priming pump producing a pressure of 15 bar designed for the intermittent (max 2min) running of up to 7 standard nozzles and fitted with thermal protection as standard.
- Low power consumption at just 48watt.
- All electrical components are housed within the pump casing away from prying fingers.
- Very competitively priced.
Already have a system from another manufacturer?
Don’t worry Pollywog Misting Systems are designed to be compatible with most popular terrarium misting systems making it easy to upgrade using Pollywog parts.
Most European & Chinese manufactured systems use metric fittings and will plug directly into our systems.
American made systems commonly use imperial fittings, we now offer a range of imperial – metric adapters to convert American systems to be used with our metric components.
If you are unsure about the compatibility with your existing system drop us an email or give us a call and we will be happy to help. If you can’t see an adapter that will mate to your system we can help source one for you.
If you require a larger system suitable for running an entire reptile room, breeding facility, educational display etc. then we can tailor make a kit to suit your needs, just send us an e-mail with a basic outline of your project and one of our advisers will get back to you to discuss your requirements.